All Vacancies | Careers
Children's Home Care Worker - Brown Edge, Leek, Staffordshire
At Bedspace we’ve made it our mission to do one thing: transform the lives of vulnerable people. We are committed to making a difference to the lives of children and young people and have plans to grow our children’s home network.
Do you have experience working with vulnerable children? Want to join a supportive team where you will work with experienced professionals in children’s residential? Then we would love to hear from you.
You will work in the children’s residential home with an age range of 8 – 18 years where you will provide a loving and caring environment to our children. We have a culture which ensures each child is treated with understanding, dignity, kindness and respect. You will be able to form positive relationships with children based on respect and openness, as well as having an awareness of safeguarding from harm and the ability to assess and manage risk.
You will hold, be working towards or willing to commence the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent qualification. You will work shift patterns, including weekends and sleep-ins and hold a full driving license with business insurance and have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
- Experience working with children
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Willingness to work towards Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent qualification
- Experience working with vulnerable children in a residential setting
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent qualification
In return, we will offer:
. £50 sleep rate
· Learning & development
· Great career progression opportunities
· Supportive working environment
· Birthday leave
· Cash back health plan
· Flexible benefits portal including retail discounts
We have both full- time positions available as well as part time (24 hours)
Shifts are from 2:30pm - 3pm the following day with a sleep between 10.30pm and 7am. The annual salary is based on working 9 shifts per 4 week rota including sleeps, at a rate of £11.72 per hour and £50 per sleep. There is also an expectation to attend team meetings and training sessions. Where these fall outside of rota’d hours, these will be paid as extra.