All Vacancies | Careers
Outreach Support Workers
To add to our existing team of amazing and dedicated staff, we are seeking to recruit Outreach Support Workers to join our Manchester Team. Your focus will be on supporting vulnerable people who may be asylum seekers or suffer with mental health issues. Your aim will be to provide our Service Users with independent living skills so they can go on to live independent lives in our community.
You will be required to work across all Outreach teams within the Manchester office when required such as, Leaving Care, Asylum, Adults, Families and NHS.
Due to the areas this role covers a car driver is essential.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Birthday leave
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Life insurance
- Pension with company contribution
The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion about working within this sector, looking to make a difference with our service users and will be looking for a challenging but rewarding role.
- Previous experience in working with Vulnerable people
- Experience working with asylum seekers or adults with mental health difficulties
- Travel is essential so must hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle insured for business use
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children
- Have or be will to work towards an NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification
- Managing a caseload of vulnerable Service Users, helping to build independent living skills through our ASDAN programme
- Liaising with relevant professionals such as Social Workers, Healthcare practitioners and the Police
- Writing detailed reports which assess a service users independent living skills
- Completely weekly inspections on Service User's properties
- Support with accessing and maintaining education/employment
- Promote physical, mental and emotional well being, de-escalating challenging situations when they arise
- Signposting to appropriate services as required, including mental health, drug rehabilitation services, counselling and education
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references and verification of right to work in the UK.
Bedspace will process any data provided in response to this job vacancy for recruitment purposes only. For unsuccessful applications, we will hold data in line with current GDPR legislation for a period of 12 months after the vacancy closing date. Please contact us directly if you would like to find out more about how we use and store data.
To apply for this role, please email an up to date CV to email@example.com.