All Vacancies | Careers
Residential Support Workers
To add to our existing team of amazing and dedicated staff, we are seeking to recruit 2 Trainer Flat Support Workers. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest working within this sector and will be looking for a challenging but rewarding role.
You will have proven experience working with young people within different environments. Your focus will be supporting vulnerable young people with 24/7 placements, including sleeps, on a rolling shift basis.
For this role, you will be based in a Trainer Flat project which will be home to several vulnerable young people. You will provide them with support to help them with their pathway to achieve independence once they turn 18.
You will be responsible for maintaining the trainer flats, including a staff flat.
Shifts are from 10am - 10am the following day with a sleep between 12am and 8am. The annual salary is based on working 10 shifts per month including sleeps, at a rate of £10.20 per hour and £71.28 per sleep.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Birthday leave
- Casual dress code
- Life insurance
- Sleep rate of £71.28
- Pension with company contribution
- Simply health plan
- Excellent training opportunities leading to career development
- Previous experience working within children’s residential setting, or experience working with 16+ young people.
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children
- Have or be working towards NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Experience working with young people with challenging behaviour and complex issues.
- Driver is preferred so Service Users can be transported to appointments.
- Supporting Service Users with independence skills following Bedspace's ASDAN programme
- Maintain the trainer flats, including the staff flat
- Helping Service Users manage a budget, attend appointments and register for universal credit
- Completing 1:1s, placement plans and contact reports
- Liaising with multidisciplinary professionals, attending meetings when required
- Supporting young people suffering with Mental Health, CCE, CSE and emotional difficulties, using de-escalation techniques
- Ensuring the flats adheres to health and Safety protocol and guidance at all times
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, an employment background check, satisfactory references and verification of right to work in the UK.
Bedspace will process any data provided in response to this job vacancy for recruitment purposes only. For unsuccessful applications, we will hold data in line with current GDPR legislation for a period of 12 months after the vacancy closing date.
Please contact us directly if you would like to find out more about how we use and store data.
Equality & Diversity
We’re a proud equal opportunities employer that values diversity at every level of our company. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, marital status or social back ground.
If you have a disability and consider that you may require support with the recruitment process, please contact our HR department who can discuss any adjustments needed with you.
To apply for this role, please email an up to date CV to email@example.com.